First and foremost, I should thank each and everyone that was involved in this amazing project. For those who don’t know- the last 3 months (Summer in Australia) I have been re-discovering Western Australia- my home state. W.A is one of the most amazing places in the world and honestly, best in Australia to see it all.
Roaming your own country is a simple MUST DO for everyone on earth. People are clueless to the beauty and fun they can have so near to home. I was inspired by a close friend who had made the trip up to the North West Coast of W.A – Coral Bay, returning with some amazing photos of the reef. I was instantly jealous and saddened that I had lived in Australia my whole life and had never been there!
It is a tragedy that we, who have the World Wide Web, take for granted the tourist attractions that surround us. Go ahead, google your city, see what comes up as the top five attractions- have you even been there? They are attractions for a reason!
What were the greatest things I learnt?
- Home Roaming is the cheapest way to travel- no accommodation needed, you know the transport systems and you can use your domestic powers (University Cards, concessions etc.) to your advantage.
- It will be in your home currency- no exchange needed! Plus budgeting is easy as you know the standard prices on items!
- You are well aware of the laws and customs, another big relief for travel.
- No insurance is needed for locals on tours- the government (in most countries like Australia) will help you when in need- Yay!
- The tour guides will instantly love you
- The other guests will instantly love you – they ask so many questions and you know the answer!
- You will feel so relaxed and calm, no stress when you know you could ring home and they could be there in a few hours!
- You will never regret learning more about your culture, society and homeland.
- You will appreciate other cultures and why they choose to see your country
So go on, get out there and explore your home towns in between your next grand adventure!