Ever wanted to be true blue Aussie? Here is how…
- Eat an Aussie BBQ (sausages, steaks, bread as a roll, tomato sauce)
- Go to the beach and get sun burnt
- Slur your words together- ie. “hello how are you” turns into “hayhowarrya”
- Wear ugg boots with track pants in winter
- Drink Victoria Bitter beer (VB)
- Say prawn not shrimp (on the barbie)
- McDonalds is Maccas.
- Arvo is afternoon.
- Understand that we don’t have kangaroos or koalas as pets
- Getting attacked by a shark is actually possible
- Know how to swim
- Have no idea about basic Australian History- 80% of the country wouldn’t pass our own citizenship test
- We generally don’t give a shit about fancy brands… sorry Calvin Klein
- Wearing no shoes and just your bathers is acceptable within a 1km radius of any beach
- We don’t have 24 hour shopping malls in most cities… we are too lazy for that. So shop only in the 9am-5pm time slot.
- We have the worst grammar in the world. Fact- I just had to use spell check for the word grammar.
- We are about two years behind the rest of the world with any major technology breakthrough. Our internet is one of the slowest systems in the world!
- You buy wine in 4L bags called ‘Goon’ sacks. This is the bogan way of drinking alcohol
- A bogan is a really Australian, slightly alcoholic, singlet wearing, mullet haircut kind of guy. I guess you can compare them to a slightly homeless looking (but rich), cowboy- that has every characteristic of a typical Australian!
- In general… don’t care too much about anything and you are a true Aussie!